Friday, July 13, 2012

Lunch Date and Shopping!!

My teammates and I finally got to have a lunch date and shopping!  We hit up Target, Dollar Tree, and Michaels!  We found lots of nice little baskets at Dollar Tree along with kitchen timers.

At Michaels we found tons of $1 deals!  They had clearance aisles all over the store.  Some things to watch for are pencil top erasers - $1 for a pack of 40! Dollar Tree also had the same deal going on.  So don't bother getting them anywhere else.  Target wanted $0.99 for 15.  Michaels also had magnetic letters or numbers for $1 in these cute little clear zipper bags.  They are nearly impossible to find around here right now.  Michaels also had the little pencil grippers...you know the triangle shaped things that help the kiddos hold their pencil properly...$1.99 for a whole pack, 6-8 maybe?  Sorry I'm too lazy to go look in the guest room.  And did you know that if you show your ID at Michaels teachers can get $15% off?  Of course the girl didn't bother to tell me or one of my teammates that so only the other teammate got the benefit.  Oh well.  If you are doing the jungle/safari theme Michaels is definitely the place to go.  They had everything including gerber daisies with wild animal prints on them (yikes!).  They also had popsicle sticks with animal prints on them, they were pricey, but adorable.  Oh and our exciting find were these little containers at Michaels (only in the clearance aisle) that look exactly like the mini M&M containers.  We racked our brains trying to figure out what we could use them for because they were only $1 or $2 and I finally decided that I was going to use them to hold the coins in my math toolkits.  I tried finding a picture online, but they are already off of their website.

The only thing I got at Target was a little upright vacuum.  It's the one that turns into a dust buster too.  They are on sale this week for $17.99.  I love our custodians, honest.  But our school is three stories and frankly it's just too big for 2 people to clean every night.  Vacuuming only happens once a week if we are lucky and even then...After last year I'm ready to go into the bathrooms and mop them myself.

I came home and found out the hubster had to buy 2 new tires for one of the vehicles today...oops!  Thank heavens for $1 deals! ;-)


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a very productive day! I am so tempted to go out and do the same tomorrow! I am still working on my classroom theme though so I don't wanna buy things willy nilly!

    ReplyDelete