These were made for our unit on symmetry. I folded a piece of card stock in half and cut out a random blob. We then took popsicle sticks, dipped them in the paint, and then tapped them on one side of our "monster". (Do not cross the center line that you created when you folded it to cut it out) The more you tap, the bigger your paint blog becomes. We then folded the monster in half again and rubbed like crazy to help the paint spread out. Once they were dry I cut out some "circles" and they drew black dots in them to make them look like eyes.
I stepped out of my comfort zone big time for this activity...I don't do paint! Liquid glue is typically beyond my comfort zone so paint is definitely out of the question. But they were fun and turned out adorable.
Sorry the pics are crappy, but these were taken with my old phone. And for you OCD friends out there, I know the "R" in "Symmetry Monsters" is not technically symmetrical, but the back of these letters are white so I couldn't flip it over otherwise the colors wouldn't match. Trust me, I thought long and hard about how to make the "R" work, but my OCD had to be suppressed for this one.