Skip to main content

My First Donors Choose Project!

I am so excited!  I finally had the nerve to submit a project to Donors Choose!  For some reason it seemed very intimidating.  I created my account back in the spring, but never did anything with it.  It turns out the process is super easy.  The hardest part was deciding what I wanted.  I saw the word building puzzles at Lakeshore a few weeks ago when I went to OKC, but they were not on sale.  I had money on my PayPal account from Teachers' Notebook and thought I might scoop them up that way.  The only problem was that when I got home and tried to order them, I realized that Lakeshore doesn't accept PayPal.  I was bummed because I really wanted these puzzles and they were definitely not in the budget.  So tonight I went shopping and picked out all of the games and puzzles I wanted for my classroom as if money was not an issue.  I submitted my project and now it's time to hurry up and wait.  I am not planning on including a link to my project because I don't want you to think that I'm asking for donations.  I truly just wanted to share how excited I was to take the plunge. What other items have you asked for or are planning to ask for on Donors Choose?

Is anyone else as excited as I am for the TPT Back to School sale?!  This is my first sale so I am anxious to see how it goes.  Everyone swears July is their slowest month of the year so I can't wait to see how it takes off from here.

Comments

  1. Good luck with your Donors Choose project!! Fingers crossed for you! :)
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on taking the plunge with Donor's Choose! I hope you get funded quickly. It the waiting that is the hardest.
    Alyce

    Mrs. Bartel’s School Family

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with Donors Choose! I put in two projects that didn't even get nibbles but yesterday I got my lastest project funded!!! So if at first you don't succeed, keep trying!

    - Vicky
    http://themadnessthatiskindergarten.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where is your Donors Choose link? I am missing seeing it somehow in the post.
    Good luck with your project!
    :) Colleen

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Engage NY - Devil's Advocate

Engage NY Math is quickly becoming a hot topic across the country. NY Department of Education developed curriculum to support Common Core and published it online for free. Our district has adopted the math portion. I would like to play devil's advocate and see what everyone thinks about Engage. Pros:
~It is free online
~It dives deep into numbers, both composing and decomposing and makes our kiddos think differentlyCons:
~It is only available online which means everything must be printed, no materials can be purchased pre-made
~ Each lesson is an hour long of direct instruction
~ The first grade lessons include a lot of papers, typically three double sided pages each day if you do the homeworkQuestions:
~ Does it say anywhere that it is research based?
~ Why hasn't a publishing company picked it up? Post your thoughts in the comments.

5 Steps To Help You Integrate Art Into Your Classroom

Choose A Time
Choose which subject you would like to integrate art into and what day.  In my classroom, this is Math on Friday.  I am not a "crafty" teacher by nature.  My teaching partners are much better at including art projects into their plans.  I decided on Fridays, after our lesson we would do a math related craft instead of meeting with small groups.  Friday is an easy choice for me because it is jeans day, it's relaxed, and we are wore out from a busy week.


Create A Subject Overview
I created an outline of our math that includes the month and the topic for the week.  This way, I knew that I needed a place value craft for October and a shape craft for December.


Pinterest
Pinterest is your best friend!  I saved ideas that I found to a Pinterest board so that I could reference them later when I was ready to create or download if a template was available.  Think of a variety of terms, to search for and sometimes less specific is better.  Halloween Place Value Crafts m…

More TPT Goodies

Halloween! I have 19 Halloween Math Centers available.  The picture above is a preview.  $1 each or $15 for all 19 centers! (Over 130 Pages!)

Topics Include:
Place Value
Addition
Greater Than/Less Than
Time
Money
Fractions
Ordinal Numbers

First Grade Common Core

Above you will see samples of my Common Core packet.  I have created editable checklists for your classroom, 16 different mini math assessments, and "We Can" signs for all of the Common Core standards. 60+ Pages - $5!
First Grade Homework
This idea was from The Lesson Plan Diva As you will see in her post, she was not able to post her document because her whole team created it.  I saw the picture and ran with it.  32 Weeks of homework.  One page of literacy homework and one page of math homework each week.  Simple, easy to follow format.  65 Pages - $5!
Boggle
It's pretty straight forward.  37 pages - $3
Bump or Roll and Cover
Some people know it as Bump others call it Roll and Cover.  Either way it's a very popu…