Sunday, February 16, 2014

Interactive Whiteboard Units

A section on our evaluation involves using technology in our classroom.  The district is also replacing all of our SMARTBoards with Prometheans.  We wanted the kiddos to be more involved with our lessons and keep their attention.  Sometimes, I am just sick of passing out a paper for them to do.  The kiddos also have a hard time seeing a book when I read it on the carpet.  You know the scenario..."Johnny isn't sitting on his pockets."  "Sally forgot her glasses."  Although our document cameras are wonderful, they are also a SMART product and the district hasn't decided what exactly they are going to do about them.  I scoured the internet for free ebooks and setup an account with our librarian so that we could access even more ebooks.  Reading was our main focus this year as far as interactive whiteboard units were concerned.  I just finished our Text Features unit and you  can see a PDF version below.  I did not provide a copy of my lesson plans, so some slides may not make sense to you at all, but you get the picture.  I chose to make them in PowerPoint for several reasons...1)  We just got our Prometheans at Christmas and I started making these units last year.  2)  PowerPoint enables you to do so much more when it comes to fonts and shapes!  If they could somehow merge the PowerPoint program with the concept of interactive whiteboards it would be amazing!!!!

I want to make it very clear that the books that are in this are not mine, will never be mine, and I have no intention of claiming them as mine.  This also applies to a TPT product or two.  I took everything we use for our unit and put it one place.  The PowerPoint is mine, the things in the PowerPoint are not all mine!  ;-)




1 comment:

  1. Oh My Goodness! This is wonderful. What a lot of work you must have done to create this engaging, informative power point. Thank you so much for sharing. Lots of children will certainly benefit
    Julie
    heyjbales@sbcglobal.net.

    ReplyDelete