Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Book Talk Tuesday!


Even though I love everything to be neat and organized and perfect, there is something busy and imperfect about David Catrow's illustrations that I just love!  


Alex is at it again!  Instead of an iguana, he would like a new room.  He is sick of sharing a room with his little brother and would like a place to call his own.  He writes letters to his mom and dad trying to convince them that he needs a new room.  They always have a come back for his creative ploys.  This book is a great way to introduce the concept of persuasion.  It is so hard for my little firsties to understand persuasion, but books like I Wanna Iguana and I Wanna New Room help them grasp it a little bit more.







1 comment:

  1. This is one of our mentor texts for our writing letters unit in 2nd grade. The kiddos get so obsessed with it! The first grade uses I Wanna New Room & from what I hear it is just as popular :)
    -Ashlee
    TeacherWillRunforBooks

    ReplyDelete